We all want beautiful hair, but we all have to face the fact that our hair might not be beautiful. If your hair is a tangled mess, then you can use a keratin treatment on your hair to help it appear healthier. If you’ve wondered when you can wash your hair after a keratin treatment, you’ve come to the right place. Of course, the answer will vary for each individual based on their hair type and length. In this article, we will discuss how to sleep after a keratin treatment, how to stop hair fall after a keratin treatment, and curly hair keratin treatment after the first wash.
How To Sleep After Keratin Treatment
Sleep can be a challenge after a keratin treatment. Here’s how to keep your keratin-treated hair in pristine condition while you sleep.
- Sleep On Your Back: For the best results following a keratin treatment, it is recommended that you sleep on your back. which may not be the most comfortable position for some. Hair gets matted and twisted when you sleep on your side or stomach. The treatment may be rendered useless If such a situation occurs.
- Let Your Hair Down: To sleep after a keratin treatment, you should avoid sleeping with your hair in a ponytail or bun during the first two days after treatment because they can cause irritation and breakage of the curl patterning by pulling out some of those tiny strands of hair that were previously attached to each strand during treatment.
- Dry Your Hair Before Sleeping: You should remember that keeping your hair dry is one of the most important things you can do to maintain the health of your keratin-treated hair. Hair is more prone to breakage and damage when wet, and the treatment’s effectiveness may be diminished if applied to wet hair. After washing your hair for bed, make sure to pat it dry with a towel and not sleep on it wet.
- Sleep In A Low-Temperature Room: Keeping the room at a cool (but not freezing) temperature can reduce the amount of frizz in your hair. Humidifiers can help seal in moisture and protect your hair while you sleep if you have one in your room.
- Sleep Silk Or Satin Pillowcase: If you want your results to last, there’s one more thing you must do: use a silk or satin pillowcase every night. The reason is that sleeping on a standard cotton pillowcase might cause your hair to become frizzy because of the friction created by rubbing against the fabric.
Also see: What is Keratin treatment?
Is It Safe To Sleep With Keratin-treated Hair?
Yes, it is safe to sleep with keratin-treated hair. You can sleep with a bun or ponytail, on your side, or stomach. Sleeping on your back will help spread out products if your hair is too thick for a bun or ponytail.
When Can Hair Be Washed After Keratin Treatment?
The first thing to know is that there are three types of hair: fine, thick, and curly. If you have thick or curly hair, your keratin treatment should be washed out after 48 hours. Any longer than that, and the chemicals in your treatment can damage the cuticle layer of your hair (the outermost layer).
If you have fine or thin locks like mine—and I mean thin—you’ll want to wait at least 72 hours before washing them because if not enough water gets into the strands of my braids, then they could break off at their weakest points due to dehydration caused by excessive drying time between washes!
What Happens If I Wash My Hair Right After Keratin Treatment?
Your hair will be rough, dry, and brittle due to the damage done by the keratin treatment chemicals in your hair. If you wash your hair right after a keratin treatment, it will become frizzy, dry, and damaged. It will also be tangled and unmanageable. Hence, you should not wash your hair for at least 24 hours after keratin treatment.
Air Drying Hair After Keratin Treatment
It’s best to air dry your hair after a keratin treatment. The heat from the hairdryer can damage your hair, so you want to make sure it’s free of moisture and ready for styling when you’re done.
If you use a blow dryer on damp hair, it will cause more damage than if you just let nature take its course with no heat source at all. When using an air dryer or a curling iron on wet strands (which is not recommended), keep an eye out for frizziness and flyaways around the face area, as these are signs that something has gone wrong!
What Is The Best Way To Dry My Hair After A Keratin Treatment?
The best way to dry your hair after a keratin treatment is on an air-dryer or with a diffuser attachment. If you want to use heat, make sure it’s not too hot and that it’s applied from the roots down.
Don’t use a blow dryer on damp hair. It will cause more damage than if you just let nature take its course with no heat source at all. When using an air dryer or a curling iron on wet strands (which is not recommended), keep an eye out for frizziness and flyaways around the face area, as these are signs that something has gone wrong!
How To Stop Hair Fall After Keratin Treatment
To stop hair fall after a keratin treatment, you have to do the following:
- Avoid Using Heat-styling Tools
To stop hair fall after a keratin treatment. Use a wide-tooth comb instead of your regular comb. This will help remove dead hair and prevent breakage from occurring in your strands.
- Avoid Over-Brushing
Do not over-brush your hair, as this can damage the cuticle layer on the surface of each strand, causing them to break easier and faster than normal.*
- Apply A Deep Conditioner To Your Hair Once A Week.
Be gentle when brushing or combing your hair. This will help prevent breakage from occurring in your strands. Do not over-brush your hair, as this can damage the cuticle layer on the surface of each strand, causing them to break easier and faster than normal.
Can You Wash Keratin Out After 48 Hours?
Whether or not you can safely wash your hair after keratin treatment depends on the condition of your hair. You can wash your hair after 48 hours if you get a keratin treatment, if your hair color is still intact and vibrant, and The texture looks normal (not too dry or oily).
Curly Hair Keratin Treatment After First Wash
Keratin treatment ideally, should be done by a specialist, However, Keratin treatment at a salon may be too expensive. Now, with these guidelines, you can get the same results without leaving the house.
Here is how to apply curly keratin treatment to hair after the first wash. Bear in mind that it’s not advisable to apply it after the first wash. For best results, wash your hair twice before beginning the process, and possibly a third time if it’s curly.
Step-By-Step Guide on How to Apply Curly Keratin Treatment After First Wash
Step 1: Use a keratin shampoo on your hair
The first step in how to apply keratin treatment to curly hair after the wash is to use a shampoo containing keratin. It will improve the health of your hair rather than strip it of its natural oils.
Step 2: Apply the treatment to your hair by massaging it
Apply the treatment by messaging our hair with it after your 2nd wash (3rd wash if your hair is extremely curly). To ensure maximum absorption, use a towel to dry your hair gently.
Step 3: Straighten your hair out
Apply the product to dry hair, and then comb it through with a wide-tooth comb.
Step 4: Rinsing And Blow Drying
This is the last step on how to apply curly hair keratin treatment after the first wash. Hence, after applying the treatment and combing, don’t forget to wash your hair. You can blow dry it afterward.
Step 5: Washing
It’s best to wait 48 hours before washing your hair. After ironing your hair, you should let it air dry for at least 48 hours.
Step 6: Applying Hair Serum
You should apply hair serum when your Keratin treatment is complete. The serum will make you look silky and shiny, but it will require maintenance to keep it that way.
What Can You Not Do After a Keratin Treatment?
It is important to note that you cannot use any of these products after your keratin treatment. This includes:
- Curling irons (this can also cause damage and breakage)
- Hair dryers, blow dryers, or flat ironing tools (all of these will heat your hair and make it frizzy)
You should also avoid shampooing your hair for 3 days after a keratin treatment because this could strip away some of its natural oils.
What Is The Best Way To Maintain Your Hair After Keratin Treatment?
The best way to maintain your keratin treatment is by using high-quality products. Use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner on your hair each day, as well as a heat protector that has been specifically designed for use with keratin treatments. Make sure you’re not applying too much heat when styling your hair.
Can I Straighten My Hair After Keratin Treatment?
You can straighten your hair after a keratin treatment, but it’s important to note that you should wait at least two weeks before doing so.
If you want to know how long you can go without straightening your hair after a keratin treatment, there is no specific answer to this question. But if your dermatologist gives you the go-ahead signal, here is how to straighten your hair after keratin treatment.
- Create a central part with your comb, then divide your hair into four portions, two in front and two in behind.
- Put the iron at the desired temperature and plug it in. Just hold off until the temperature reaches 450 degrees Fahrenheit (or 232 degrees Celsius). You should untangle one of the strands in the back and then flat iron the rest of your hair in one swift motion.
Remember that not just any flat iron will do. To keep your hair in good condition, you should only use those products specifically designed for that purpose.
- Repeat this process 8-10 times for each strand to achieve straight and manageable hair.
- Straighten your hair with a flat iron until any kinks or strands are gone if you want to hide a visible mark.
- After the initial 48 or 72 hours, it is recommended to repeat the process at least four times per week.
So, we hope that this guide has answered all your questions about when to wash your keratin-treated hair. While it is important to keep in mind the advice of your beauty professional, at the end of the day, there isn’t a perfect answer for every single situation. As long as you do what works best for you and follow safety procedures while doing so, then there should be no reason why these tips won’t work out well!
How Soon Can You Wash Hair After Keratin Treatment FAQs
Will I be able to tie my hair up after the first wash of the keratin treatment?
After the treatment is complete, let your hair down and straight for at least 24 hrs, if not longer.
Why does the keratin treatment leave my hair feeling so greasy?
When you apply heat straight to your hair, you are, in effect, removing the keratin layer, which protects the hair shaft.
When is it possible to use Olaplex after getting a hair treatment?
Before getting another OLAPLEX Stand Alone Treatment in the salon, it is recommended that you wait two weeks following your most recent Keratin treatment
- www.allure.com – What to Expect From Your First Keratin Treatment
- www.justflauntsalon.com – Do’s and Don’ts After Keratin Treatment
- www.byrdie.com – Before and After How a Keratin Treatment Changes Your Hair