Hot oil treatment is quite popular for people with natural hair dry or damaged hair. The oil penetrates deep into your scalp and can help repair damaged follicles, increase blood flow to the scalp, and promote new growth. A hot oil treatment can be obtained in a few different ways. You may visit a salon if you so wish. Alternatively, you might give a DIY hot oil treatment a shot if you’re on a tight budget. Before trying a hot oil treatment, though, you should be sure it’s appropriate for your hair type and that you know how to handle the potential dangers. This article will give you a guide on all you need to know about hot oil treatment for hair growth and DIY hot oil treatment for wet or dry black hair. Keep reading!
What Is a Hot Oil Hair Treatment?
Hot oil hair treatments are deep conditioning treatments that can be done at home. It’s simple and easy to do, so don’t worry if you’re not comfortable with the idea of doing anything yourself!
Hot oil treatment is a great way to eliminate dryness and breakage in your hair. It also reduces frizz by helping seal moisture from the scalp down through each strand. If you want an extra boost from this treatment, try rubbing some coconut oil into your ends before applying the oil directly on top of it (this will help lock in even more moisture).
What Does Hot Oil Treatment Do for Black Hair?
Hot oil treatment is a great way to keep your hair moisturized, healthy and shiny. It also helps to keep it strong by keeping the cuticles closed. When this happens, your strands will not get damaged as quickly due to friction with other environmental things such as dirt or pollution.
If you have long black hair, then you may want to look at some of the sections below:
- Keep your scalp clean by washing it with shampoo once or twice weekly (or more often if needed). This will help prevent any build-up on top of your head, which would cause dandruff flakes that could irritate others nearby when they touch them
- If you have long black hair, you should avoid using hot water when washing your hair. This will help to keep it from drying out and becoming frizzy.
- If you would like to make your long black hair shine, then try using a moisturizing conditioner. This will help keep it soft and smooth without weighing it down.
See also: 15 Best Hot Oil Treatments for Restoring Black Hair Shine
How Do You Do a Hot Oil Treatment Step by Step?
Once you decide which oils to use, it’s time to start. Here are the steps to do your hot oil treatment at home.
- Put some shallow water on to boil.
- Three to six tablespoons of the selected oils should be added to a glass or other heat-resistant container.
- Put the container in the pot with the hot water after it has reached boiling. Avoid allowing water to contact the oil.
- For about a minute, heat the oil until it is warm to the touch.
- You can check the oil’s temperature by dabbing it on your wrist. Only a warm temperature is required for the oil because hot oil might burn the scalp.
- On dry or damp hair, apply the oil. If you use oil on your scalp, dump it down the sink.
- For around five minutes, massage the oil into your scalp and down to your ends.
- To prevent the oil from spilling off your hair, wrap it in a towel, shower cap, or plastic bag.
- For at least 30 minutes, or overnight, let the oil in.
- As usual, shampoo and condition, and thoroughly rinse out any remaining oil. Consider using two shampoos to ensure that all of the oil is removed from your hair.
Depending on your schedule and the condition of your hair, you can perform this treatment once a week or even three times a week. Combining hot oil therapy for hair development with hair growth vitamins will maximize its effects.
How to Do a Hot Oil Treatment on Natural Hair With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the best oils for hair growth. It has a high content of saturated fatty acids, which are suitable for your scalp and hair. It will nourish and moisturize your scalp, leaving it soft and smooth. It also helps with breakage and prevents frizziness or dryness in natural hair types.
The best way to use coconut oil is straight after washing your hair with conditioner so that it can soak up some moisture from the shampoo or leave-in conditioner (if you’re using one). You then want to apply this onto dampened strands before applying heat styling tools such as flat irons or curling irons if desired-this will ensure maximum absorption into each strand, so there’s no need for extra applications later on down the line when they’re dry again!
When using coconut oil on natural hair, you want to ensure that you don’t use too much, as it can make your hair look greasy and heavy. The trick is to rub a small amount into your hands until they’re smooth before applying this to the lengths of your hair and scalp. If you find that this still doesn’t work for you, then consider using another type of oil instead.
How to Do a Hot Oil Treatment on Natural Hair at Home
The following steps will show you how to do a hot oil treatment on natural hair.
Step one: Select the correct type of oil. You can choose any of the three oils mentioned above (coconut, olive, or castor). These are all good for treating your hair, and they are readily available in stores as well as online.
Step two: Heat your oil in a pan or shallow bowl before applying it to your scalp. Make sure that it is not too hot but warm enough so that you can feel comfortable while using it on your head without burning yourself or feeling uncomfortable whatsoever! If possible, make sure there are no harsh chemicals present when applying this treatment that might harm other parts of your body like skin, etc.
Step three: Apply the oil directly on your scalp and massage it in circular motions. This will help to loosen up any dirt or grime on your scalp.
Step four: Once you have massaged the oil into your scalp, wrap it up in a plastic shower cap or cling film. This will help to lock in moisture and keep dirt out of your hair while allowing it to soak up all that goodness!
Step five: Leave this overnight and wash off with a mild shampoo in the morning!
Step six: If you have any leftover oil, store it in a clean bottle for future use!
Step seven: Repeat this process at least twice weekly for the best results!
You may want to see: 10 Easy Ways To Use Hot Oil Treatment for Hair Restoration
Hot Oil Treatment for Hair Growth
Hot oil treatment are the best way to foster your hair growth. They can be done at home, but you have to do them correctly, or you will end up with dry and frizzy hair instead of healthy, shiny, and strong.
You need a good quality oil for this treatment: olive oil (or any other vegetable oil), jojoba oil, or coconut oil are all excellent choices. You should also use rosemary essential oil because it has antibacterial properties, which will help prevent future damage from occurring on your scalp, as well as keep it clean during this process!
To get started, massage the oil into your scalp and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. You can do this while getting ready in the morning or before bed. Then wash it out with shampoo and conditioner just like you usually would! This treatment will help your hair grow faster and healthier, but it is important to note that it works best on dry or damaged hair. If you have healthy hair already, then this will not work for you!
The best way to get healthy, strong hair is to start taking care of it now! Start using products that are free from sulfates and parabens. These chemicals can cause buildup on your scalp, making it harder for hair growth products to work effectively. You should also make sure that you are getting enough nutrients in your diet; this will help give your body what it needs so that it can support healthy hair growth!
Hot Oil Treatment on Wet or Dry Hair
Hot oil treatment is an excellent way to keep your hair healthy and attractive, whether it is wet or dry. This method will work wonders, whether you want to grow more hair or prevent breakage. Hot oil treatments are ideal for people with dry or damaged hair because they don’t require any additional products or treatments. You need some hot oil (like coconut oil), a cup of water, and some time!
To perform a hot oil treatment, you should:
- Take some coconut oil (or any other type of hot oil) and put it in a cup. You can use as much as you want, depending on the length of your hair. If your hair is long, use two tablespoons; if short or medium size, one tablespoon will be enough.
- Put the cup into a pan of hot water and wait until the oil melts. This shouldn’t take long!
- Once melted, pour the mixture onto your hair while it’s still wet (or dry hair will not absorb as well).
- Put a towel on your head and wrap it up for 15 minutes. This will keep the heat and allow the oil to penetrate your hair.
- Rinse out with warm water once the time is up!
This treatment will make your hair look shiny and healthy. It’s also great for moisturizing dry or damaged hair, so if you have issues with either of those things, you should try it!
DIY Hot Oil Treatment for Black Hair
Before you get started, decide on the type of hot oil you want to use. Some popular options include olive, almond, and jojoba oils, as well as coconut, avocado, and argan oils. Once you have found the fat you want to use, follow these steps for DIY hot oil treatment for black hair.
- First, wash your hair. Hot oil tends to work best on clean hair. This allows the oil to penetrate the hair cuticle deeply.
- Once you’ve washed your hair, microwave 3 to 6 tablespoons of the oil in a microwave-safe bowl for 10 seconds.
- Before applying the oil to your damp hair and scalp, please test a small amount of the oil on your wrist to ensure it’s not too hot.
- To protect your clothing, place a towel over your shoulders. If you prefer, you can apply the oil in the shower.
- Run a brush through your hair to get rid of any knots.
- Apply the oil evenly throughout your hair and massage it into your scalp.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and wait up to 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, rinse the oil entirely from your hair and follow up with your regular conditioner.
- As with other hair treatments, such as hair masks, you can use hot oil on your hair once a week. If your hair is dehydrated, you may want to use this treatment every few days.
I hope this article has inspired you to try a hot oil treatment for your natural hair! You may not have to go through the same things I did, but if you do, then this will help. I know how scary it can be to start your journey towards healthy hair and scalp. So take it slowly and don’t worry about failing. It is all about patience and persistence!
Hot Oil Treatment on Natural Hair FAQs
Do You Wash Your Hair Before Or After A Hot Oil Treatment?
It is advisable to use your hot oil treatment following a hair wash. It will not help your hair much if you apply it to dirty hair. If your hair is messy, the scalp oil will sit on top of it; you want the oil to permeate your scalp and clean your hair thoroughly.
Is It Better To Do A Hot Oil Treatment On Wet Or Dry Hair?
Hot oil treatments should generally be used on wet or semi-dry hair. Hair that has recently been washed is excellent because it aids in the oil’s better absorption. Hot oil treatments can efficiently maintain your natural hair looking and feeling its best if you want to keep it smooth, shining, and healthy.
Do You Condition Your Hair After A Hot Oil Treatment?
Dirty hair will prevent scalp oil from penetrating. The oil must penetrate the scalp to clean the hair. After shampooing and before deep conditioning, apply a hot oil treatment.
- 15 Best Hot Oil Treatments for Restoring Black Hair Shine and Strength [DIY Guide Included]
- 10 Easy Ways To Use Hot Oil Treatment For Hair Restoration
- Can you Dye Wet Hair? Expert Advice
- HOW TO USE PURPLE SHAMPOO ON DRY HAIR : Step-by-step guide
- 18 Best Protein Treatment for Curly Hair (DIY Guide Included)